Medical Support Activities
Due to Russian medical inspection of Chair Shizuko Tsuya’s husband who is a doctor, we have been mainly doing medical support for overseas such as Ukraine, Chechen Refugee Camp, Childhood asthma medicine supply to Gaza strip of Palestine, and Iranian poison gas victims, etc. In early August we invite Iranian poison gas victims and a film party over Hiroshima,who visit Okunoshima Poison Gas Museum and attend Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony on August 6th. At the time, we hold “Hiroshima-Iran Love & Peace Film Festival” It is the only film festival in the world that Poison gas victims are the main characters.
“Miracle of Bona san” was screened at Iranian embassy in Tokyo. The film was made by NPO MOCT and Iran. Four ambassadors to Japan and others were invited to see that. At the opening ceremony, Chair Shizuko Tsuya received “Certification of Appreciation” for the 20-year-achievement for the medical supports of the Iranian CW survivors, providing constant peace message to the world, hosting “Hiroshima-Iran Love & Peace Film Festival” as a bridge between two countries.
Screening tour of Japan-Iran collaborative film “Miracle of Bona san” kicked off in Iran. Opening ceremony and the meetings with distributors were made. Films for “the 10th Hiroshima-Iran Love & Peace Film Festival 2023” in August were previewed. Meetings with Tehran Peace Museum and the general hospital were held thinking of future events. (Tehran)
Memorial ceremony filled with great sadness for late translator Kuniko Yamamura (Tehran) who served people faithfully since the medical exchange began for Iran’s CW survivors in 2004.
Japan-Iran collaborative new film “Miracle of Bona san” was supervised with the officials.
Joining “Peace Panel” at “Fajr Int’l Film Festival” (Tehran). Meeting and dinner party at Tehran Peace Museum.
Seeing film at “Fajr Int’l Film Festival” (Tehran) to choose for “5th Hiroshima-Iran Love & Peace FF”, meeting and dinner party at Tehran Peace Museum
Meeting about Persian translation publication of “Along with Iranian Poison Gas Victims” by Chair Shizuko Tsuya
Meeting of “The 2nd Hiroshima-Iran Love & Peace Film Festival”
Medical Support History（1994〜2009）
- June 1994: Visit to see Mr. Dia Nicola Vici and hospitals in Vladivostok, Russia
- September 1994: Medical examination as International Educational Foundation in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Russia
- January 1995: Visit to hospital as Chernobyl Victims Aid Foundation Chernobyl Union Ukraine in Moscow (Russia), Minsk (Belarus) and Kiev (Ukraine)
- May 1995: Visit to the 1st and the 3rd hospital (Filatova Hospital) in Moscow (Russia), Volgograd (Russia) and Kiev (Ukraine). Ceremony of the 50th anniversary of victory held by Volgograd international exchange committee. Visit to the 8th hospital and Oncology group. Later support of medical supplies to 13 Children’s hospital and support for oncology group
- July 1995: Chernobyl charity performance Baryinok (Hiroshima)
- November 1995: Ambassador of Ukraine’s visit to Hiroshima
- May 1996: Support to Chechen Refugee Camp in Republic of Ingushetia
- June 1996: Oncology group’s visit to Lilac hospital in Kiev (Ukraine)
- August 2003: Support of medical supplies for child asthma in Gaza Strip of Parestine
- March 2004: Participating in “Hiroshima World Peace Mission” (project to mark the 60th anniversary of the atomic bombing organized by Chugoku newspaper company), Visit to South Africa and Iran
- August 2004: Iranian poison gas victims’ first visit to Hiroshima. (8 people) Visit to Okunoshima Island, Peace Memorial Ceremony
- November 2004: First visit to Iran (3 people). Visit to Society for Chemical Weapons Victims Support. Purchase support for sewing machine for the women’s group (Tehran etc.)
- December 2004: The 4th Junod music festival
- June 2005: The 2nd visit to Iran (20 people). International medical conference of chemical weapons victims (Tehran). Iranian commemorative ceremony for chemical weapons disarmament (Sardasht)
- August 2005: Iran’s poison gas victims’ 2nd visit to Hiroshima (8 people) Visit to Okunoshima Island, Peace Memorial Ceremony etc.
- November 2005: Iran’s poison gas victims’ 3rd visit to Hiroshima (4 people) Visit to Okunoshima Island and medical department of Hiroshima University etc. Reunion of Iranian victim who had received a medical treatment in Japan right after the poison gas bombing and the doctor who treated him in 1988
- December 2005: Junod music festival ’05
- January 2006: Getting award of the 8th International Exchange Encouragement by Hiroshima International Cultural Foundation
- June 2006: the 3rd visit to Iran (8 people). Donation to the mayor of Tehran for building a cenotaph for Iranian chemical weapon victims. Iranian commemorative ceremony for abolition of chemical weapons and medical conference (Tehran). Tour for interviewing poison gas victims (Arak city, Kermanshah)
- August 2006: Iran’s poison gas victims’ 4th visit to Hiroshima (11 people) Visit to Okunoshima Island, Peace Memorial Ceremony etc.
- December 2006: Junod music festival ’06 (Anime “Junod” trailer completion and screening)
- February 2007: Donation for Palestine medical support
- June 2007: The 4th visit to Iran (5 people). Unveiling ceremony of the cenotaph for Iran’s chemical weapon victims and opening ceremony of Tehran Peace Museum. Research tour of poison gas victims (Qom city, Kermanshah)
- August 2007: Iran poison gas victims 5th visit to Hiroshima (10 people) Visit to Okunoshima, Peace Memorial Ceremony etc
- December 2007: Junod music festival ’07 (Anime “Junod” trailer screening and a picture book publishing)
- January 2008: First medical training of Iranian medical personnel (3 doctors, 1 nurse) Visit to of medical department of Hiroshima University, Radiation Effect Research Foundation, Hiroshima Nursing Association, Tadanoumi Hospital, Hiroshima Prefectural Hospital, Yoshijima Hospital, Tsuya Clinic
- March 2008: Anime “Junod” production research tour to Switzerland (8 people). Visit to International Committee of the Red Cross Headquarters, the facilities related to Dr. Marcel Junod and his son Mr. Benoit Junod (Villa Moynier (Geneva), the father’s church (Neuchâtel) etc.)
- July 2008: the 5th visit to Iran (5 people). Medical exchange (University of Kermanshah and Shiraz University). Research tour of poison gas victims (Kermanshah and Fars)
- August 2008: Iran’s poison gas victims’ sixth visit to Hiroshima (15 people) Visit to Okunoshima Island, Peace Memorial Ceremony etc.
- October 2008: Junod music festival ’08 (Zurich Youth Symphony Orchestra (International Conference Center Hiroshima)
- February 2009: NPO MOCT was split into two – medical support, cultural fields
- February to March 2009: The sixth visit to Iran for the medical conference (Professors of Hiroshima University and MOCT, 8 people in total)
- April 2009: Restart producing Anime “Junod”
- June 2009: Commemorating the 150th anniversary of the birth of the Red Cross’s thought, special lecture of the 10th anniversary of Japanese Red Cross Hiroshima College of Nursing by the chair and mini-Junod concert at Sophia Hall) Speech at the 20th Junod memorial ceremony by the chair. Son of Marcel Junod, Benoit, and his wife attended.
- October 2009: Promoting Anime “Junod” at Swiss+Symposium Tokyo 2009 held by Embassy of Switzerland (Grand Hyatt Tokyo)